This guide discusses the best electrical tools that an electrician or a project engineer or any engineering graduate should have to pursue their task. Any electrical or electronic job cannot be done right without the right tools. If your electrician has the right tools to do the job then his confidence level in solving the problems and executing the project will be very high. In this article, we are going to compile a list of the must-have electrical tools, their uses, and how you can buy them.
Best Electrical Tools List
Every electrician requires some hand tools to do the job. There are many tools available in the market but we’re going to discuss the must-have told for the electrician.
It is one of the basic tools of the electrician and it is used for cutting the wire, crimping, and holding it.
Some Features of this Pliers are:
- Greater cutting and gripping power than other plier designs
- Smooth action and no handle wobble
- Induction hardened cutting knives for long life
- Good gripping
The screwdrivers are used to open the screws and fix screws. Whenever an electrical finds any loose contact, then he can tighten the screw with the help of a screwdriver.
Some Features of this Screwdriver are:
- Multi-bit screwdriver/nut driver shaft holds 8 popular tips and converts to 3 nut driver sizes
- Interchangeable blade
- Comfortable Cushion-Grip handle
- Blast finish bit tips provide a firm hold
Wire Cutter and Wire Stripper
Wire cutters and wire strippers are used to cut the insulation from wire along with stripping. This tool is used when an electrical has to strip the wire to do the connection with the other wire, plugs, relay, PLC etc.
Some Features of this Wire Stripper are:
- Cuts, strips
- Easy bending, shaping and pulling of wire
- Holes for looping and bending wire
- Provides Clean cuts
- Comfort grips with curved handles
Wire crimpers are used to crimp lugs or connection terminals onto wires. This tool is not used that much by circuit repaired but is used in electronics.
Some Features of this Wire Crimpers are:
- Crimps insulated terminals
- More crimping power into each squeeze
- Uniform crimp every time
- Consistent crimp from either side of the tool
- Comfort in use
An electrician made some measuring devices so that they can measure distance, length, Voltage, Current, and Resistance etc.
A multimeter is a testing instrument that is used to test the voltage, current, a resistance and other electrical value. An electrician tries to resolve the problem in that device and without this device, an electrical engineer or technician cannot perform his job well. This multimeter is a must tool for solving Industrial and household electrical issues
Some Features of this Multimeter are:
- Measure the AC/DC Voltage, DC Current, Resistance, and Diode readings accurately.
- Sampling speed of 2 times per second
- Double ceramic fuse ensure safety.
- Easy to use
Clamp meter is used to measure the current running in the electrical system. This is a very handy tool and can be clamped to check the current.
Some Features of this Clamp meter are:
- Measure AC/DC Current, AC/DC Voltage, Frequency or Duty Cycle, Resistance, Capacitance and also provides Diode, Continuity and Temperature tests.
- LowZ & LPF
- Non-contact voltage detection effectively
Measuring tapes are used to check the length or distance from one point to other. This tool can be carried in the tool bag kit.
Some Features of this Measuring tape are:
- Self locking mechanism
- Nylon coated blade
- Impact resistant rubberized case
Voltage tester is used to check the voltage in the circuit. The tester shown below is advanced, safe, and easy to use.
What is basic tools in electrical?
There are many basic tools which we have discussed like: Voltage tester, screw driver, tester, multimeter, clamp meter, measuring tape etc.
If you have any queries, kindly let us know in the comment section.
What other electrical tools do you often use? Kindly comment down below, and we will incorporate that tool into our list.